Research institutions and companies in Iceland.
To support research infrastructure in Iceland by co-financing purchase of equipment, databases, software and any other research infrastructure that is important for scientific progress.
Call for proposals is open now, the deadline is April 3 2017 at 16h.
Link to the on-line electronic application system
What are the objectives?
To support research infrastructure in Iceland by co-financing purchase of equipment, databases, software and any other research infrastructure that is important for scientific progress. This includes financing access to domestic or foreign infrastructures and updating existing infrastructures. For this purpose the following grant types are offered:
- Equipment grant
- Build-up grant
- Access grant
- Update/operation grant
In the proposal evaluation the expert panel takes the following into consideration:
- The infrastructure is important for research progress in Iceland and for the proposers research.
- The infrastructure creates new possibilities in research and/or is related to research projects already being funded by the Icelandic Research Fund.
- The infrastructure promotes training and education in the relevant scientific field.
- Cooperation between different institutions and companies.
- Infrastructure realised with support from the fund shall be accessible to other research groups as capacity allows.
- Budget plans shall be realistic.
Further information in Icelandic - Innviðasjóður